I’ve been listening to Stephen King’s On Writing and finished it this morning. Great book and I loved the audiobook.
- Write daily.
- Let my story development flow as I write.
- Start with a what if situation and move to a story about the people.
- Write what is true and believable.
- Use the first word that comes to mind.
- “He said or she said” is divine.
- Write to your ideal reader.
- Write with the door closed, edit with the door open.
- Writing is not life, life’s interruptions are more important.
- Be professional and study your craft.
- Kill your darlings.